Intro: Easy Valentine's crafts for kids make great Valentine's gifts for people like their grandparents or family members. If your kids are interested in making something to decorate the yard for Valentine's Day, teaching them how to make bird seed hearts as V-Day gifts will do the trick. As a side benefit, these cute little heart-shaped feeders also attract the birds, which will start coming in early spring.
Need More Great Valentine's Day Ideas?
- Inspirational quotes, wise sayings about love for DIY Valentine cards, pt 1
- Homemade Valentine's cards: Make DIY pop up cards (easy craft for kids)
- 5 best books to give as gifts for V-Day: Poems, stories of love & relationships
- Homemade Valentine gifts for boyfriends: Make candy roses for chocolate fans
- The history of Valentine's Day cards: Why cards have V-Day love quotes and poems
Easy Valentines Crafts for Kids ~ Homemade Bird Feeders
What You'll Need for the DIY Bird Feeders
- Bird seed
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- 2 pkgs unflavored Gelatin
- Veggie spray
- Sauce pan
V-Day Crafts: How to Make a Homemade Bird Feeder
- Put foil out on your work space; it'll make your kid Valentine crafts a little neater and protect your counters.
- Spray the foil and the heart-shaped cookie cutters with the veggie spray.
- Mix the Gelatin into 1/3 cup of cold water. Allow the water to absorb the Gelatin completely.
- Heat one cup of water in sauce pan.
- Add Gelatin mixture. Stir together on low heat until it dissolves.
- Pour in two to three cups of bird seed.
- Stir until the bird seed is thoroughly coated by the Gelatin. The mixture will become thick once the bird seed has absorbed the water. Then your easy Valentine's Day craft is ready for the next step.
- Using a wooden spoon, press the bird seed/ Gelatin mixture into the Valentine cookie cutters.
- Break a skewer in half. Push it into the bird seed mixture toward the top of the heart cookie cutter.
- Freeze the bird seed with the skewer still stuck inside. Do this for at least 30 minutes.
- Pull the skewer out of the bird seed. You should have a hole in the feeder.
- Push the twine through the hole at the top. Tie it at the top.
- To make this easy Valentine craft for kids prettier, tie some red or pink ribbon around the top of the twine.
Other Valentine Kid Crafts to Make as Homemade Valentine Gifts
Watch the video at the top of the screen to learn how to make two more easy bird feeders. The second DIY bird feeder also makes an easy Valentine craft for your kids and for your back yard or patio.