It is almost Valentine’s Day! Single or attached, you’ll want to look your best when you hit the town. The good news is there are easy steps to creating a special look for your special day. Here are a few simple ways to add a little something extra to your look this Valentine’s Day, and you may even discover a variation in your routine that you’ll want to keep all year long.
• Red lipstick – They say fortune favors the bold, and red lipstick is nothing if not bold. If you aren’t confident in your choice of red, do yourself a favor and visit the MAC counter, where makeup artists can help you find the perfect shade. It is a quick and easy investment that will completely glamorize your look. Plus, your teeth will likely look several shades whiter.
• Brighten your smile – Red lipstick will help, but an over the counter whitening treatment can whiten teeth in just a few days or treatments. Your dentist likely offers professional treatments, though GLO and Crest Whitestrips are a popular and cost-efficient at-home options.
• Invest in a blow out – Salons like Fort Worth’s Blow West 7th specialize in blow outs and styling only. You’ll be in and out in 45 minutes and can likely extend the life of your blow out at least a day or two. Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or champagne while you get pretty.
• Get Valentine’s-inspired nails – Manicures evolved past the standard pinks and reds long ago, but in honor of the holiday, think about revisiting the classics. Baby pinks and vivid reds will give you a sophisticated, polished look for your big night out.
• Exfoliate, head to toe – If you are short on time, you can take care of this the day before, paying extra attention to elbows, knees and feet. Bath and Body Works and Victoria’s Secret offer numerous affordable, sweet-smelling options. In the winter, skin has a tendency to become dry, so after exfoliation, be sure to moisturize generously.
When you look good, you feel good, and you will definitely want to feel good whether you are spending the evening with your love, or having a carefree girls’ night out. Use the special occasion to pamper yourself and step up your game. And since Valentine’s Day is all about love, shouldn’t you love your look?