Intro: Want to know how to make chocolate fondue and what to dip in the fondue once you make it? Naturally, you might worry that this is a difficult task, but actually, a chocolate fondue recipe actually counts as one of those easy Valentine's desserts that you should file away in your mental dessert cabinet. While some people like to make it in a fondue fountain, you can actually make a delish V-Day dessert right in your slow cooker. See? Easy Peasy.
Want to Know What to Dip in Chocolate Fondue? Click on the Links Below. These Items are Perfect for Dipping in Your Easy Chocolate Fondue Recipe:
You Can Also Try:
- Sliced fruit like apples, pears, star fruits, bananas, oranges, strawberries
- Potato chips
- Crisp bacon (not kidding. Delish!)
- Waffles or waffle cones
Recipe for Chocolate Fondue for Your Valentine's Dessert:
Everything you'll need to make chocolate fondue is below, including the suggestions for the best chocolate for fondue.
- 12-oz semi-sweet chocolate chip minis or coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 4-oz of bittersweet chocolate chip minis or their coarsely chopped equivalents
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Optional flavorings -- 2 Tbsps liqueurs -- hazelnut, coffee, orange, Bailey's (These go great with a chocolate martini. Mmmmm!)
How to Make Chocolate Fondue in the Slow Cooker
- You're going to need a 6-cup glass bowl that you can heat.
- Slow cooker.
- Put the ingredients except for the liqueur if you're using it into the glass bowl.
- Put the bowl with the makings for your V-Day chocolate fondue into the slow cooker. The cooker should be between three and four quarts in size.
- Put the lid on and allow it to heat for about 45 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate and add in the liqueur (bourbon is also a good option).
- Allow it to cook for another 15 minutes to a half an hour until the chocolate is melted completely.
- Whisk the mixture until it's smooth.
- Turn the cooker onto the warm setting and put the lid back on until you're ready to serve it. Serving instructions are below.
Tips for Serving Your Valentine's Day Dessert:
- Use a dipper to add the easy chocolate fondue recipe to small bowls.
- Make a platter with the dippers if it's just you and your spouse or boyfriend/ girlfriend. You can make individual platters for each person as well.
- Keep the accumulated water off the lid of the cooker. It'll drip and eventually ruin the chocolate.
Want to Try a Fondue Fountain to Make Your Valentine's Day Desserts All the More Lovely?
You can find several models of chocolate fondue fountains plus fondue chocolate on Amazon. You'll also find chocolate fondue sets, skewers, chocolate fondue pots and more! Click this link to go there.