If you are looking for an easy meatloaf recipe that is full of flavor and filling, this easy and tangy recipe is for you. This is a quick dinner to prepare (you can assemble it earlier, store it in the fridge, and just put it in the oven when ready to cook) that your whole family will love.
Meatloaf sometimes has a bad reputation. People often see it as a boring loaf of ground beef that will need to be smothered in ketchup to be edible. This recipe will change their minds!
Easy and tangy meatloaf
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
- Press the brown sugar on top of the loaf and spread ketchup over brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- ¼ c brown sugar is enough and to add just a little something extra, add 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ c milk and 1 egg work fine
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced adds a nice boost of flavor in the ground beef mixture
- Seasoned bread crumbs instead of crackers adds more flavor as well
- To cut cooking time, use mini loaf pans to make individual meatloaves
Carbohydrates 24.1 g
Cholesterol 119 mg
Fat 20.1 g
Fiber 0.4 g
Protein 18.4 g
Sodium 763 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This easy recipe for a tangy meatloaf will quickly become a family favorite because it taste great and it’s so easy to make! Round the meal off with mashed potatoes and a nice chopped salad.
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!