January 8, 2014
This quick and easy taco salad makes a tasty family dinner or a winning contribution to your next potluck lunch at work. It's simple to make ahead; just warm up the taco meat when you're ready to serve it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix OR 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 bottle light Catalina salad dressing
- 2 or 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 bag green salad
- 8 oz Velveeta shreds, regular or cheddar
- light sour cream (optional)
- jalapeño peppers (optional)
- crushed, baked tortilla chips (optional, if you're not eating gluten-free or low-carb)
- Brown and chop ground beef in a skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and water; simmer about 5-10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Toss the green salad, cheese and tomatoes together.
- When ready to serve, add taco meat mixture and salad dressing. Add sour cream, jalapeño peppers and tortilla chips to individual bowls for those who want them.