We all love tips to make our life just a little bit more manageable. As your Dallas Household Tips Examiner I search for tips for myself and pass them along to my readers.
Looks like Monday, north Texas will finally be getting some cooler weather!! Let’s make some chili!
What you will need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and greed chilies, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds processed cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, chilies and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer mixture, uncovered, for about 10-15 min.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately or allow cooling before freezing, may be frozen for up to 3 months
Feel free to add your own variations!
Cindi is also the Dallas Small Farms Examiner. Categories include sheep, goats, rabbits, cattle, pigs, chickens, news, history, showing, agriculture, misc farm, weather, dogs, college, fire, and Guardians.