If you are looking for an easy pork chop recipe that is tender and flavorful, then this easy pork chop recipe is for you. This is a quick dinner to prepare that your whole family will love.
Pork chops come in many shapes and sizes. Some chops are boneless, while other ones have a bone. The thickness of a pork chop can vary greatly from 1/8 inch to over 2 inches. If you are not sure which pork chop to pick, ask the butcher in your grocery store what he/she would recommend.
Tender pork chop recipe
- 1 cup crushed butter crackers
- garlic salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a shallow bowl combine crushed crackers, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. In a separate bowl beat the eggs
- Dip your pork chops in the egg batter and then in the cracker mixture
- Place the pork chops in a casserole dish. Place chunks of the butter around the pork chops
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes
- Instead of butter, brown the chops in light olive oil in a frying pan and transferred to a pan, lined with foil & sprayed lightly with olive oil spray. Baked them at 300*, uncovered in pan for 20 minutes, then turned them over and baked them for another 25 minutes. During the last 15 minutes, increase the temperature to 375 degrees so that they get crispy.
- For the garlic salt and ground pepper, feel free to use the spices that your family enjoys
- Calories 444
- Carbohydrates 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 267 mg
- Fat 36.1 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Protein 19.7 g
- Sodium 335 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This easy recipe for pork chops will quickly become a staple meal in your kitchen. They are also easy to make! Round out the meal with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!