This easy peanut butter cookies recipe with chocolate kisses drops combines two of my favorite flavors, peanut butter and chocolate.
This simple peanut butter cookies recipe from scratch starts with peanut butter and brown sugar to give the cookie a soft, chewy texture. A bag of your favorite candy kisses adds the ever important chocolate element and a bit of fun if you opt for some of the candies with white and dark chocolate stripes or almonds in the middle.
You can make this easy peanut butter cookies recipe with chocolate kisses drops a part of your Christmas cookie exchange. Be sure to stop by your local dollar store this time of year to buy a couple of fancy holiday boxes for the occasion.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. butter at room temp.
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bag of Hershey's kisses
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until it becomes creamy.
- Add in the brown and white sugars, beat the mixture for an additional 2 minutes.
- Mix the egg and the peanut butter into the peanut butter cookies recipe dough.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, and then add them to the butter/ sugar mixture.
- Wrap the dough in plastic. Put into the refrigerator for 3 hours or more.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the dough so that you have 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Put them onto the cookie sheet at about 3 inches apart.
- Make a criss cross pattern on the top of them with a fork.
- Allow them to bake for 9 or 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheets for several minutes. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie while it's still warm.
- Put them on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store in a plastic container that you line with wax paper.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 300 degrees for 15 minutes if you want them to be chewier.