Intro: Learning how to cook baked chicken caveman-style means that you can always prepare an easy paleo diet recipe for dinner. And since diet recipes with chicken are so popular due to how inexpensive poultry is, this paleo diet recipe is as good for your wallet as it is your waist.
Paleo diet breakfast recipes: Caveman avocado and scrambled eggs with salsa
About the Paleo Diet
The paleo or caveman diet relies upon the principles of eating the way our ancestors would have. People who follow the paleo diet don't eat foods that our ancient forebearers couldn't have found.
The thing about the paleo diet to remember is that you won't eat foods like:
- Foods that have been processed
But paleo diet principles do allow you to eat quite a bit of plant-based foods, meats, nuts and some fruit. This paleo diet chicken recipe fits those qualifications plus it's delish.
How to Cook Baked Chicken: Paleo Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Instructions for the Paleo Chicken Recipe:
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the chicken and rid it of any fat.
- Place the bird into a baking pan and rub it down with olive oil.
- Blend the spices together and treat the chicken with them.
- Put the bird in for 20 minutes, then turn the temp down to 400 degrees. Bake for an additional 40 minutes.
- It'll be done when its internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Allow it to cool for another 15 minutes or so before serving.
- Serve with broccoli, yams or kale.