Not every night can be dedicated to spending an hour or more in the kitchen so when I find a recipe that is quick and easy to make but still healthy I like to share!
Orzo, a rice shaped pasta, is cooked just like any other pasta but extremely smaller in size making it easy to digest.
This Orzo Chili Tomato Recipe is light, perfect for dinner time and fabulous for the waistline!
Serves: 2 large portions or 4 small portions
- Orzo, cook two servings as instructed on packaging
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped with the seeds left in
- Cilantro for decoration (optional)
- Cook the orzo as instructed on the packaging and set aside when done.
- Warm the olive oil over a medium heat in a deep skillet.
- Sauté the onion for approx 5 minutes, just as the onions begin to brown add the tomatoes and the lime juice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chili and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Combine the cooked orzo with the tomato mixture, add a couple of cilantro leaves for decoration and you are ready to serve!
Did you know chili peppers are considered aphrodisiacs? Spice up your Valentine's Day meal and add some traditional red color with the tomatoes.