Are you looking for something sweet to have on hand that won’t ruin your successful day of dieting? Low fat and low sugar usually means low flavor as well. This little gem of a dessert (or snack) will give your sweet tooth a treat without an ounce of guilt.
Orange fluff has been around for ages, but every generation continues to embrace it as their own. Today, any flavor of gelatin is used and loved. With only three ingredients, it’s a cheap snack that you can literally whip up in no time.
Orange (or other fruit flavoe) fluff
- 3 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 (0.3 ounce) packages sugar-free orange flavored gelatin mix (or any flavor you would like)
- 1 (8 ounce) container lite frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place the cottage cheese in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Whisk in the flavored gelatin powder, and then fold in the thawed whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Use any flavor of dry gelatin mix that you would like, they all work!
- You can also toss in a small drained can of fruit like pineapple tidbits, shredded coconuts, or copped nuts
- Sugar free whipped topping works as well if you want to cut down even more sugar
This is a fun and easy recipe to make for yourself, your family, or your circle of friends that is a low sugar/fat snack that tastes awesome!
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!