You will need:
Sand, gravel or clean kitty litter
Battery-operated votives or tea lights
1. Draw your design on the bag with crayons. Be sure to use the side of the bag that doesn't have a seam.
2. Paint your design with oil. This will cause the bag to become more translucent.
3. Blot the excess oil with a paper towel to keep the oil from spreading.
4. Fill 1/4 full of sand, gravel or clean kitty litter.
5. Add a battery-operated votive or tea light. If you choose to use real candles, be sure to take proper precautions.
6. Use your luminaries as a centerpiece or to light the way to your sukkah.