This is a simple-to-make dessert with only five ingredients. It is a light dessert, reminiscent of (just ending) spring and bringing life to the delightful summer season. Lemon, being a zesty, clean flavor, is a perfect ending to any meal. The addition of fresh lemon juice gives this tart a strong and tasty lemon flavor.
Easy Lemon Tart
- 1 sheet (half of 14/1 ounce package) refrigerated 9-inch pie crust dough
- 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar lemon curd
- Whipped cream, prepared or see below for recipe
- Lemon zest strips for garnish
- Spray 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray. Place on baking sheet.
- Fit dough in pan. Fold in extra dough and press against sides of pan to created fluting.
- Prick dough with fork. Line with foil, fill crust with dried beans or rice and bake for 8 minutes in 450° oven.
- Remove foil and beans and bake 5 more minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Grate 2 teaspoons lemon zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a medium bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, sweetened condensed milk and lemon curd until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until center is set. Cool on rack.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lemon zest before serving.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Chill medium bowl and beaters before whipping cream.
- Beat together heavy cream , confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 2 cups whipped cream.
Tart serves 6 to 8.