Intro: Homemade dog treat recipes allow dog lovers to include their favorite friend in holiday celebrations. Dog owners, who learn how to make peanut butter dog treats, save money on pet gifts while still being able to get something sweet and tasty for Fido.
Read the Following Article if you'd Like Some Holiday Safety Tips for Your Pets:
- Bogart's owner tells you how to puppy or kitten proof your Boise, Idaho house
Pet Gifts: Why We Should Know How to Make Easy Homemade Dog Treats
When I close my eyes, I can still picture him, my first puppy, Rascal. I got him for my 6th birthday. He was little cockapoo, who, without fail, used to race through the yard with his ears flying in the wind to greet me as I came home from school. You can probably imagine how surprised I was the first time, being six, I didn't and maybe still don't know, how he knew it was me. But everyday like clockwork he'd break through his hiding place in the bushes as I stepped onto our side yard. I felt loved and surprised and awed by his little wagging tail and happy skips. As you read this, I'm sure it brings back puppy love memories of your own.
The only homemade dog treat recipes I had back then for him was a spoonful of peanut butter, which was my snack. I'd dip my finger in the spoonful of peanut butter and take a bite. And then give Rascal one. (Don't worry. I didn't double-dip.) I didn't know how to make peanut butter dog treats back then, being that I was only six, but I sure did love that dog and his unconditional love for me. Especially, on days when life was less than kind to me.
I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself nodding, remembering your own puppy love stories. And if you are, you know exactly why our furry best friends deserve to have at least one or two sweet pet gifts under the tree for Christmas morning.
How to Make Peanut Butter Dog Treats for Your Best Friend
Fortunately, making pet gifts doesn't have to be difficult. And the dividends they pay in puppy love can't be measured. The following recipe will teach you how to make peanut butter dog treats with pumpkin. They're sweet and tasty and good for your pup.
- 2 1/2 c. flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (cinnamon is good for you and your pup!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-size bowl. The resulting dough should come out crumbly.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin until it's about 1/2-inch thick.
- Using Christmas cookie cutters, cut out the shapes for your peanut butter dog treats.
- Put them on a cookie sheet and bake them for 35 minutes.
Tips for the Peanut Butter Dog Treats:
- Add water if you've found that the recipe is too dry. Just use enough to encourage the mixture to hold together.
- Watch the video at the top of the screen to get one more doggie treat recipe.
If you find yourself thinking that these treats aren't just good for your pup and know some dog lovers, who'd love to learn how to make peanut butter dog treats for their own dogs, please feel free to share the URL link at the top of this page for this recipe via email and social media.