September 23, 2009
As Fall is already upon us, one great veggie to take advantage of is sqaush! It's such a perfect warm and comforting vegetable.
Easy Turkey & Vegetable Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- small green pepper
- small red pepper
- half of large onion
- large tomato
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- spinach (as desired)
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- balsamic vinegar
- red wine vinaigrette
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and back face down at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Near the end of the squash baking, chop and sauté veggies in a little bit of EVOO, brown ground turkey and add seasonings and vinegars. (Add spinach and tomatoes near the end).
- Take squash out of oven and let cool for few minutes, then using a fork scrape the “spaghetti” out into a medium sized bowl.
- Mix together spaghetti and meat mixture, top with cheese if desired, (Parmesan is a good choice) and enjoy!