While you are out on the patio grilling that nice, juicy ribeye, lamb chop or chicken breast, why not put your vegetables on the fire, as well, and stay out of the kitchen altogether? This recipe makes a delicious bagful of summer vegetables that's so simple to make, you will want to make it every night. It's a great recipe for all those fresh garden veggies too.
Easy Summer Vegetable Medley
- 1 medium or large red bell pepper
- 1 medium or large yellow bell pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise in half and then into thick slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (12 ounce) package mushrooms, wiped clean with a damp towel, cut into quarters
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 large foil oven roasting bag
- Toss all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Open foil bag, spoon mixture into bag in even layer. Seal bag with tight double folds. Place on baking sheet.
- Place bag on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill and cook 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender, turning bag over once.
- Return bag to baking sheet, cut bag open. Sprinkle with low fat feta (or other) cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 very low calorie servings.
If desired, add broccoli, cauliflower or any other fresh veggies desired.