Did you know that you can save money by creating your very own popular grocery items at home? If you take a little extra time to make homemade foods from scratch, you will save money, stretch your grocery budget and end up with a healthier overall product.
You will need:
- 8 oz. of Cheddar Cheese. You can choose sharp or a milder blend. You may use any type of shredded cheese that you would prefer.
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Cold Water
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Flour to use as a
To make your crackers:
- Add all of your cracker ingredients to a food processor or mixer bowl. The Tasty Kitchen recommends that you use a food processor and use the pulse option to prepare your recipe.
- Little by little, you should add the water to your mixing bowl. The Tasty Kitchen recommends that you use the pulse option as you add the water, approximately, one tablespoon and then continue to add the next.
- Once you have created the cracker mix and added all of the water, take the dough mix out of your mixer bowl.
- Place your cracker dough in a container to prepare for chilling the cracker dough. You may use a bowl that can go be frozen or at very least, refrigerate your dough for about twenty minutes.
- Now, take your dough from the refrigerator. kneed your dough and prepare your work area by sprinkling a little extra flour to your work surface. Flatten and roll your cracker dough onto the flour. Use your cookies cutters or desired shape utensil to make the crackers in the shape that you would like.
- The Tasty Kitchen then recommends that you bake your crackers on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
The recipe will yield about dozen crackers.
Keep in mind that you can create any type of a theme that you would like with your crackers. They do not have to be fish or ocean related. You can preserve your crackers in a tightly skilled container with a lid.
The crackers would also make a great addition to a trail mix. Make a big bucket of trail mix for a party, classroom party or mix and place in smaller zip lined bags to have handy pre-portioned snacks available in your pantry.
I found this particular recipe on Pinterest. Please feel free to follow me on Pinterest (Shanna Mommiesandbeyond). Pinterest is a popular and wonderful place to find inspiration from recipes to decorating your home and anything and everything inbetween! http://pinterest.com/mandb/
This recipe was discovered from the Pinterest user: Shawnee Nielsen via the Recipe Box Board and originally pinned from the website TastyKitchen.com
Enjoy making your own crackers!