Fajitas are easily made using a variety of ingredients. Start with a corn or flour tortilla, warmed in the oven, on the stove top, or in a microwave, and pile on whatever ingredients you have on hand. It is easy to throw one or two fajitas together from leftovers, to provide a whole new meal.
Do not worry about the types of meats and vegetables used. Be creative, and come up with different combinations. Start with your choice of tortilla. And vegetables such as peppers and onions, spinach and tomatoes, or lettuce mix with zucchini. Then top with chicken strips, cubed turkey, fish, or even stew beef. Many people enjoy cheese on their fajitas, but this ingredient is not necessary.
2 flour tortillas
warm, precooked stew beef
- Put the tortillas on a plate and warm them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Place some lettuce mix along the center of each tortilla, then add the cucumber.
- Top the vegetables with stew meat.
- Roll everything up in the tortilla and enjoy.
- Try adding some barbecue, or sweet and sour sauce.
- Buy ingredients on sale with coupons to save money.
- Save more money by growing organic vegetables.
- Serve a fajita as a side for soup, or a fruit salad.
What food combinations make up your favorite fajita meals?
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at email@example.com, or by leaving a comment here. And be sure to check out the book store for Beverages on a Budget and other cookbooks.