Intro: One of the most decadent, but at the same time easy chocolate desserts recipes that I've come across is the Oreo cheesecake. It's a delish treat that's hard to beat. What's better, learning how to make Oreo cheesecake with a cookie crust is easy! If you're looking for chocolate dessert ideas, you may want to add this one to your file.
More Easy Chocolate Desserts Recipes
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 c. of melted margarine or butter
- 3 pkgs of softened cream cheese, 8-oz pkgs
- 3/4 c. of sugar
- 1 c. of sour cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 4 eggs
Instructions for Making the Oreo Cookie Cheesecake:
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pull the Oreo cookies apart.
- Crush up 26 of them to form crumbs. To get the small crumbs that you need, put the Oreo cookies into a Ziploc bag and crush. Set these aside.
- Break up the other cookies so that they have a course texture. (These broken cookies are what fill the insides of these chocolate dessert recipe with the cookie chunks you see in the photo.)
- Mix the finely crushed cookie with the butter. Press the Oreo and butter mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Press them into the bottom and allow the sides to fill up 2-inches high with cookie crust.
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer for the best results with your recipe for Oreo cheesecake.
- Add in the eggs, dropping them in one at a time and then blending on low speed until each is integrated into the mixture.
- Add in the coarsely chopped Oreos into the mixture and stir so that they integrate into the cheesecake batter.
- Pour this mixture into your Oreo cookie crust.
- Bake the chocolate dessert recipe for one hour -- start checking at 55 minutes. Bake until the center of the cheesecake is nearly set.
- Loosen the recipe for Oreo cookie cheesecake from the pan by running a knife around the outside edges of the cake.
- Let the cheesecake cool before you take the outer rim of the springform pan off.
- Put in the fridge for 4 hours before serving.
See? Oreo cheesecake really does count as one of those easy chocolate desserts recipes.
Get more Oreo cookie recipes in these books.