If you are looking for a great banana loaf recipe, this recipe from Canadian Living has been tested with both regular wheat flour and gluten free flour. It is a must have for lunch boxes everywhere!
Canadian Living chocolate banana loaf recipe:
2 cups all-purpose_flour
¼ cup granulated_sugar
2 tsp baking_powder
1 tsp baking_soda
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
½ cup butter, melted
¼ cup milk
** Note: for gluten free use Cloud 9 baking mix, or any other gluten free flour mix you prefer.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add chocolate chips.
4. In separate bowl, whisk together bananas, butter, milk and eggs.
5. Pour over flour mixture and stir just until blended.
6. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
7. Pour in banana mixture.
8. Bake on centre rack of oven for 50-60 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cool in pan for 15 min and then turn out onto cooling rack.
10. Let cool completely.