As I wait out the next several months of cold winter weather, I've naturally been on the look out for that most appropriate of all winter foods, the winter soup recipe. There is none better, of course, than winter soup recipes. Some of these qualify as possibly the best soup recipes in the world, and they are as quick a remedy for hungry tummies at dinner as they are for the common cold.
I've compiled recipes for what I consider 20 of the best soup recipes in the world for they are indeed worldly in scope. While I wouldn't think of not including a good old-fashioned chicken noodle soup, I've also nabbed some excellent recipes from south of the border, from Europe and even some Asian soup recipes. Some of the winter soup recipes are my own while others I'm just passing on to you from such sources as that food giant, the Food Network or recipes from my fellow Examiners that I just think are tasty. Many of them are quick soup recipes while others take a bit of time to prepare, but all are worth it.
Best Soups in the World: The List!
Here's the list. And there's an extra bonus recipe in the video. Watch it to learn a good chicken soup recipe for a cold.
- Chicken soup recipes from scratch: Italian chicken Parmesan
- Enchilada soup: An easy, but hearty winter soup with chicken, cheese, and rice
- Girl Scout recipes: Easy chicken and dumplings with Bisquick soup recipe (Photos)
- Winter dinner ideas: White bean and chicken chili recipe & other comfort food (Photos)
- Carribean-style Squash Soup
- Hearty potato and leek soup perfect for a snowy day (Photos)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe w/ Chicken Meatballs
- Mushroom soup is comfort food on a raw RI day
- Good 'pho' you (Photos)
- Potato Soup with Shrimp
- Beautiful, golden winter soup for a cold night
- Vegetarian sausage and bean soup (Video)
- How to Make a Simple Onion Soup
- Pizza soup - YUM
- Red lentil soup (Photos)
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- Winter Eats: English ham and split pea soup
You can serve these chicken soups with a number of side dishes. I'm pretty old-fashioned, so I tend to eat it the way I did growing up--with a dinner roll or some garlic bread on the side. But soups also taste great with salad or sandwiches, and the Asian soup recipes are natural compliments to side dishes like kimchi.