If you are looking for an easy chicken recipe that is filling and fun to make, this easy chicken pot pie recipe is for you. This is a quick dinner to prepare that your whole family will love.
While chicken pot pie has southern roots, it’s also a comfort food enjoyed by millions. This is a perfect meal for cold temperatures, picky kids, and after a breakup. Chicken pot pie wears many hats and will always be a tasty hit at your kitchen table.
Easy chicken pot pie recipe
- 1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup premixed biscuit baking mix (i.e. bisquick)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a non greased 9-inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken and soup.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate over chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until crust golden brown.
- Feel free to use chopped fresh vegetables instead of frozen
- It’s not necessary, but plating your pot pie over a bed of white rice makes this meal even better
- The “cream of” soup doesn't have to be chicken. It can be mushroom, celery or whatever your family enjoys
- Do you have a pretty pie plate to make this in? Check out your local antique, consignment, and re-use shops for a unique and beautiful pie plate. It's fun to make pot pie in a dish that looks like what your grandma may have used.
- Calories230 (Calories from Fat 80)
- Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat3 g, Trans Fat1 g )
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 670mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This easy recipe for a chicken pot pie will quickly become a family favorite because of its warm and satisfying flavors. It’s also easy to make! Round out the meal with a chopped salad and a slice of Chocolate French silk pie (very easy to make and melts in your mouth) and you’ll be up for cook of the year!
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!