If you are looking for an easy chicken recipe that is full of flavor and filling, this easy chicken enchiladas recipe is for you. This is a quick dinner to prepare (you can assemble it earlier, store it in the fridge, and just put it in the oven when ready to cook) that your whole family will love.
Easy Chicken enchiladas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa (enchilada sauce works well)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 (15.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas (corn is preferred)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and salsa. Cook, stirring until melted and well blended. Stir in chicken and pinto beans. Fill tortillas with the mixture, roll and place into the prepared baking dish. Spread cheese over the top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with your favorite toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes, slivered green onions, or sour cream.
- If you have finicky eaters at your dinner table, use enchilada sauce instead of salsa
- The cream cheese can be low fat, it won’t change the flavor and ½ the 8oz block really does the trick
- We prefer corn tortillas over flour, but either one works
- Calories 565
- Carbohydrates 32.8 g
- Cholesterol 120 mg
- Fat 34.1 g
- Fiber 5.1 g
- Protein 32.6 g
- Sodium 1166 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This easy recipe for chicken enchiladas will quickly become a family favorite because it taste great and it’s so easy to make! Round out the meal with chips and white cheese sauce, a salad and homemade churros for dessert
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!