When planning your next party, consider some cheesy appetizers. Whether it is an abundance of cheese flavors and textures featured with crunchy crackers, or a elegant baked cheese, cheese is a hit at parties. Here are 4 very easy recipes that taste out of this world!
8 ounces Brie
Black pepper, freshly ground
2 baguettes, sliced and toasted
sliced apples and pears
- Heat oven to 500°.
- Put Brie cheese in a 2- to 3-cup shallow baking dish and bake until melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Grind black pepper on top.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices and sliced apples and pears.
Pepper and herb cheese log
3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, divided
3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil, divided
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
4 ounces goat cheese
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
- In a shallow dish combine 1 tablespoon chives, 1 tablespoon basil, and the parsley; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and goat cheese until smooth.
- Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons chives and the remaining 2 tablespoons basil, pepper, and garlic.
- Form into a ball.
- Roll ball in herb mixture.
- Wrap and chill cheese ball for 4 to 24 hours.
Parmesan and artichoke spread
1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup sliced green olives
2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini salad peppers
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and sour cream.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, olives, peppers, parsley and lemon peel.
- Spread on toasted baguette slices.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons assorted snipped fresh herbs, such as dillweed, thyme, basil, oregano, and parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried whole mixed peppercorns, cracked
1/2 teaspoon poppy seed
8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, cracked peppercorns, and poppy seed.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add cheese cubes and toss very gently to coat.
- Divide the mixture between two clean half-pint jars with lids.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. To use, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.