This recipe is an easy variation of the traditional broccoli, cheese, and rice recipe that you have to bake. And, is still just as delicious whether you are preparing a holiday feast or you just want a side to go along with your meal.
1 bag of white rice
1 can of cheddar cheese
16 oz. package of medium sharp cheddar cheese shredded
8 cups of chicken broth or water
½ cup evaporated milk
14 oz. package of frozen broccoli
1 egg beaten
1. Bring 8 cups of chicken broth or water to a roaring boil.
2. Cook the rice according to package directions
3. During the last 15 minutes of cooking the rice, add the broccoli.
4. Return the lid to the pot.
5. After ten minutes of cooking the rice and broccoli, stir in the egg, milk, and cheeses.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes
Makes 6 to 8 servings