National Date Nut Bread Day was last week and we found a recipe that was too good not to share! This unique variation on the usual Date Nut Bread recipe combines bananas and dates, for an incredibly moist breakfast bread you can make just in time for New Year's brunch!
Easy Banana Date Nut Bread
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
2 large bananas, mashed
2 cups buttermilk baking mix
1/2 cup dried chopped dates
1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven 350°. Grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, blend sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs and mashed bananas, mixing to combine.
- Stir in buttermilk baking mix, nuts, and dates.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.