Well if you want to pretend to be elegant this Thanksgiving, this might be the dish to serve with your perfectly roasted turkey. I would be remiss if we didn't mention this dish also features bacon! Champagne and bacon -- yeah, a wonderful team!
You don't need anymore stress than usual when it comes to your Thanksgiving dinner and this very simple side-dish is stress-free and will go perfectly with that big roasted bird!
Ingredients needed to make Mushrooms and Carrots in Champagne Cream (serves 4):
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 pound mushrooms, stemmed removed and thickly sliced
- 1/2 pound baby carrots, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
- 1 cup champagne
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 sliced bacon, cooked
- Into a large saucepan, melt the butter into the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and saute 2 minutes.
- Add the celery seeds and champagne and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream until well blended.
- Spoon onto serving plate, top with bacon and serve!
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards, "Edwardian Cooking: 80 Recipes Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals," is now in its third printing and available worldwide, including the official website for Downton Abbey!