Do you always grab a jar of Alfredo sauce or have you ever tried your hand at making your own? It’s not complicated and there are only five ingredients. This is an easy Alfredo sauce recipe that will surely impress your friends and family.
Alfredo sauce is a cheesy sauce that is best known for tossing with fettuccine noodles and is either topped with chicken or served alone. Chicken Alfredo is a delicious dinner that doesn't take long to prepare, yet tastes like a million bucks!
Creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
- If your Parmesan cheese doesn't melt easily, try using Gruyere cheese
- You can substitute margarine for the butter, and milk for the cream.
- A friend wanted her opinion listed, so here you go Andrea:
I add a 2nd clove of garlic. If you just stir the cream into the butter and let it simmer, it will separate. I gently whisk the cream and butter the entire time it's simmering and whisk while adding the cheese (a little at a time) and it doesn't separate, even after a day in the fridge. The consistency is a little hard to get smooth, but probably because Parmesan is a very hard cheese with a granular texture to begin with, and doesn't melt smoothly. I used a Parmesan/asiago blend and it was beautifully smooth after lots of whisking. Also, make sure you use unsalted butter - if you use margarine or lightly salted butter, its way too salty.
Does this sound like something your family will love? Why not give it a try, or bookmark this page to try later. The nice thing about making Alfredo sauce ahead of time, is that a quick and easy dinner can be prepared on a busy evening.
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!