Easter is right around the corner, Sunday April 20th. Celebrating Easter can be done in fun and creative ways. Often classes may have a party to celebrate Easter. The children get excited about coloring Easter eggs, making Easter baskets, and going on Easter egg hunts. This year you can share a great dessert with your children and students that has all the joy of the holiday. Try the Easter Surprise Cupcakes.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 24 small chocolate eggs, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream together the margarine, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
3. Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full, and place a chocolate egg in the center of each. Top with remaining batter until cups are 2/3 full.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly tapped.