Easter ham made easy Easter is coming in a few weeks. Have you planned your family menu? One of the keys to a really great family gathering is communication. If the event is at your house, you still do not have to do all the cooking. Ask family and friends coming over to bring a dish. You can try pot luck or ask them to make a dish you know everyone loves.
This east crock pot ham gives you time to make other dishes without taking up space in the oven. Just put the ham in early in the morning.
· 8-9lb spiral sliced ham or ham shank (spiral is easier in the crock pot)
· 2 cups of dark brown sugar
· 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple retain the juice
· ¼ cup of butter
1. Place spiral ham small end down
2. In a small saucepan melt butter, add brown sugar, can of pineapple (juice and all)
3. Cook over medium heat until all ingredients are blended
4. Pour sauce over pineapple, cover and turn on low
5. Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
Ham can be served from crock pot if you used a spiral.