As we gear up for Easter you'll find a variety of Easter egg hunts and activities this year. Churches, parks, local towns, and businesses across Connecticut feature family friendly events, both free and for an additional fee. How many eggs will you find this year?
- Bristol, CT - The public library at Bristol is not only educational but it is family friendly. They are hosting an Easter Gala and Magic Show on April 5th from 10am-2pm. For $10 enjoy photos with the bunny, a magician, and crafts. Stop by 5 High Street for some holiday fun.
- Danbury, CT - Sign up for Stew Leonard's Bunny Breakfast being held on April 5th. Enjoy fruit, bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, french toast sticks, bagels, donuts, coffee, and juice as you eat breakfast with the Easter bunny. Breakfast times are 9am and 10am. Admission cost is $9.99 for adults and children ages 12 and older, and $7.99 for each child age 11 and younger.
- Danbury/Norwalk/Newington, CT - Stew Leonards at these 3 locations will have egg hunts on April 8th from 4-5:30pm. Children ages 8 and under will search with a map of the store to collect eggs. Bags will be provided. Prizes include toys, gift cards, board games, and candy.
- Fairfield, CT - On April 12th at 1pm families will convene at the South Pine Creek softball fields on Old Dam Road in Fairfield. This egg hunt is designed for pre-K through third graders. Please bring your own basket. A $1 donation per person is being asked. A cancellation hotline is available at (203) 256-3144.
- Madison, CT - This Easter egg hunt has it's roots grounded in tradition in Madison. The 50th annual event will be on April 12th at 10am. The fun will be at the Surf Club in town. The hunt is for ages pre-K, kindergarten, and grades 1 and 2.
- Middlefield, CT - Lyman Orchards is more than just fresh fruit. It is also known for it's family friendly events. On Saturday, April 12th search their hay maze for hidden apples and enjoy a visit with the Easter bunny. The rain date is April 19th. The hunt is geared towards ages 1-10. Ages 1-3 is at 10:30am and 11:15am, ages 4-6 at 12pm, and ages 7-10 at 12:45pm. Additional entertainment includes a free magic show, and pony rides and horse drawn wagon rides for an additional fee. The Easter hunt is $5 per child. If you pre-register online your child will get a free t-shirt. Lyman Orchards is located at 32 Reed Gap Road in Middlefield. Call (860) 349-1793 for information.
- Mystic, CT - Old Mystic Village will have their free parade and egg hunt on April 19th starting at 11:45am. Children under age 3 should meet at the Apple Orchard at 11:45am, age 3 at 12pm, age 4 at 12:15pm, ages 5-7 at 12:30pm, and ages 8-10 at 12:45pm. Meet at the gazebo after your child's hunt, and wait for the parade Easter bonnet pet parade afterwards. This event is at 27 Coogan Boulevard in Mystic, CT. For more information call (860) 536-4941.
- New Britain, CT - Trinity On Main at 69 Main Street will have an Easter egg hunt and movie. Don't worry about the weather, this is held indoors. Pizza and refreshments are at noon, pictures with the bunny, and face painting. Hunt for hidden eggs inside the theater, followed by a featured movie. The fun lasts from 12pm to 5pm. Call (860) 229-2072 for prices and more specifics.
- Norwalk, CT - The Church of the Good Shepperd is hosting a free Easter egg hunt with games, refreshments, and a bounce house. The event will take place on April 19th at 1pm. The church is located at 163 New Canaan Avenue in Norwalk, CT. For more information call (203) 846-9593
- Stamford, CT - Visit the 10th annual Heckscher Farm Egg Hunt on 39 Scofieldtown Road in Stamford, CT. The fun starts April 19th from 10am to 12pm. This even is for ages 6 and younger. Bring your own Easter baskets to find hidden eggs on the farm, then turn your findings in for a goodie bag. The price is $5 per family at the gate plus gate admission, or $5 per family for members. This is held through the Stamford Museum and Nature Center. For more information call (203) 322-1646.
- Wallingford, CT - Doolittle Park in Wallingford will have the Golden Egg Hunt. Can you find one of the special golden eggs? The fun kicks off on April 10th, rain date is April 11th. Ages 1-5 should stop by at 7:15pm and ages 6-11 starts at 7:30pm. Eggs will be filled with candy and a select number of golden eggs. Golden eggs can be turned in for a prize.
- Wallingford, CT - Support the Kendrick Park Project at their first annual Easter egg hunt on Sunday, APril 6th at 10am. How many of the 900 eggs can you find? Earn bunny bucks to turn in for prizes or candy.
- Wallingford, CT - Egg Your City 2014 is back at the Good News Christian Church. Join your neighbors Sunday April 20th from 9am to 1pm at 46 John Street in Wallingford, CT. This free event has 23,000 secret eggs for your little ones to find, cotton candy, and giveaways. Please bring your own basket. The egg hunts will be immediately following the 9am and 11am services. For more information call (203) 284-9383
- Waterford, CT - Stop by the Crystal Mall on April 12th from 10am-12pm for their Easter Eggstravaganza. Your children will love searching for eggs indoors at the play area, do crafts, and other holiday themed activities. They'll even get to meet the Easter bunny. Meet at the Old Navy court.
To receive e-mail alerts on newly published articles hit the blue subscribe button on the top of this page. Like this article? Share with friends by hitting the Like or Tweet button. You can also share on Pinterest.