Intro: As you gather your Easter dinner recipes, but sure to pull the notecard for funeral potatoes from your recipe box. This cheesy potato casserole got its name, because it was a typical side dish served at LDS funerals, which explains one of its nicknames -- Mormon funeral potatoes. That said, it's an excellent side dish for any meal and would make a nice addition to your Easter ham.
Funeral Potatoes Recipes ~ Click on the Links in the Paragraphs
- If you'd like to try a funeral potatoes recipe with cubed potatoes, then why not look into About.com's recipe. This one features a multitude of cheeses plus panko bread crumbs.
- This recipe for the cheesy potato casserole is a little simpler to make, because it has fewer ingredients. If you're pressed for time as you plan out your Easter dinner recipes, you may want to go with the recipe on Food.com.
- Watch the video for one more recipe for these cheesy hash brown potatoes.
Serve Your Funeral Potatoes Recipes With These Dishes:
- Lamb chops or leg of lamb is a traditional Easter dinner recipe because of lamb's association with Jesus as the Lamb of God. Here are a couple of recipes for you to try as you put together your Easter dinner recipes.
- Prime rib is a popular recipe at Christmas time, but it's also a popular choice during the Easter holiday. Try this prime rib recipe if you're looking for something different than lamb. It tastes great with your funeral potatoes. Mmmmm!
- Glazed carrots are a popular side dish for Easter. Serve these, along with the funeral potatoes recipe, with your Easter ham or lamb recipes.