Here are ten meals that can be made from the ham that is left over from Easter Sunday dinner:
1. Serve a slice or two of ham alongside scrambled eggs for the traditional “ham and eggs” breakfast.
2. Make a breakfast sandwich a la fast food by layering scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese on an English muffin or croissant.
3. Add diced ham, onion, green and red bell peppers, and shredded cheddar cheese to beaten eggs to make a Western Omelet.
4. Julienne strips of ham and add them to julienned turkey and cheese, as well as eggs, tomatoes, and lettuce, to make a Chef’s Salad.
5. Add chopped ham to chopped celery, onion, hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard to make a ham salad sandwich filling.
6. Prepare frozen pizza dough and top with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, and pineapple to make a Hawaiian Pizza.
7. Add diced ham to baked macaroni and cheese.
8. Add small pieces of ham to Split Pea Soup.
9. Grill a ham and cheese sandwich.
10. Fry diced ham, diced onion, and diced potatoes together to make ham hash.
If you would like to receive an email when other food articles by Marylou Morano are published, click on Subscribe, above. Subscription is free.