Excellent Easter dinner! Ham and asparagus make a wonderful combination!
Find everything you need, including the ham at a great price, at your local Meijer.
- 1 semi boneless ham (or whatever kind you like)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, or as needed to cover ham
- 1 cup orange juice plus 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place ham in a roasting pan on a rack. Score the top lightly. Press brown sugar all over ham. Add juice and water mixture to bottom of pan. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 2 hours or as directed on ham package, basting ham about every 20 minutes or so. Let stand lightly covered with foil for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- While the ham rests, start the asparagus:
- 2 bundles fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lay asparagus in a single layer on a baking pan and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake another 3-5 minutes or til cheese is melted and asparagus is crisp tender.
- Serve drizzled with lemon juice.
- Serve the sliced ham with horseradish sauce (mayo, sour cream and horseradish to taste), garlic pull apart rolls and the asparagus.