Need to earn some extra money but you don't have time to find or work a second (or more) job? Looking for a quick cash infusion and you need to get rid of some stuff? Here are some great ideas to earn some extra money in just one weekend.
- Go through your closets and your kids' closets. Take current style, in season clothing, shoes and accessories to a local consignment store and get cash on the spot.
- Too much stuff or not the right stuff for consignment? Sell in lots on Craigslist. Make the price right and write a great description. Include photos to speed your sale.
- Have a yard sale. Follow the tips previously posted here on Frugal Living in Columbus.
- Got scrap metal? Haul it to the recycling center and get some cash.
- Have stuff in your house that still has the tags on it because you bought it but didn't use it? Return it for cash or store credit. Just be careful not to buy something else you don't need!
- Have books, magazines, music and media you no longer want? Take it to Half Price Books and get paid cash on the spot.
- Haul your stuff to a local flea market, but again, don't buy any new stuff!
- Sell your plasma.
These are short-term, usually one-time ways to get some quick cash. If cash shortage is an ongoing concern for you, you may need a more long-term strategy. Stay tuned for ideas!