Dyngus Day, the celebration of the post-Lenten season beginning the day after Easter, has become a week-long party in Buffalo. 2014 activities begin Sunday, April 20th and continue through Saturday, April 26th.
Highlighting this year’s Dyngus Day celebration is the annual Dyngus Day Parade at 5 p.m. on Monday, April 21st. The parade begins at Corpus Christi Church, located at 199 Clark St., makes its way through the historic Polonia District and concludes at Pussy Willow Park on Memorial Dr. in Buffalo. Festivities at Pussy Willow Park begin at 3 p.m. with music from “Those Idiots” and Polish “street eats” and food truck fare from the Roaming Buffalo, Macarollin’ and Betty Crocski.
Many other restaurants and bars throughout the Buffalo area will be hosting Dyngus Day parties all week long, including:
· Polish Villa 2, 1085 Harlem Rd. – Monday, April 21st at 10 a.m.
· Magruder’s, 4995 Broadway in Lancaster – Monday, April 21st at 11 a.m.
· Polish Falcons Hall, 445 Columbia Ave. in Depew – Monday, April 21st at 2 p.m.
· Lebros, 330 Campbell Blvd. in Getzville – Monday, April 21st at 5 p.m.
· Casey’s Tavern, 484 Amherst St. – Monday, April 21st at 5 p.m.
· Wegmans locations at 601 Amherst St. in Buffalo, 370 Orchard Park Rd. in West Seneca, 651 Dick Rd. in Depew and Transit and 4960 Transit Rd at Losson Rd. in Depew – Saturday, April 26th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Find out more about Dyngus Day, Pussy Willow Passes and the Sobieski Vodka Grand Tours Shuttles at www.dyngusday.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com