The new cast of “Dancing with the Stars” to trip the light fantastic was announced live Tuesday morning on "Good Morning America". Maks is back, the Olympic gold-winning ice dance champs White and Davis will compete against each other, and this season on DWTS the partners will change midway.
DJKiss spun the tunes for the party that announced the new cast of DWTS Season 18. The relentless tease lasted for the full first hour and 17 minutes of GMA. The eclectic group of 12 stars with the hopeful fancy footwork to appear on “Dancing with the Stars” and their ballroom partners are as follows.
- Danika McKellar 39 from “The Wonder Years” and Val Chmerkovskiy
- Cody Simpson 17 Popstar and Witney Carson
- Billy Dee Williams 76 Actor/singer “Star Wars” and Emma Slater
- Diana Nyad 64 Professional swimmer and Henry Byalikov
- NeNe Leakes 46 from“Real Housewives of Atlanta” with Tony Dovolani
- James Maslow 23 of “Big Time Rush” and Peta Murgatroyd
- Sean Avery 33 Pro Hockey Player and Karina Smirnoff
- Drew Carey 55 of “The Price is Right” with Cheryl Burke
- Candace Cameron Bure from “Full House” 37 and Mark Ballas
- Charlie White 26 Olympic Gold Ice Dance Champ and Sharna Burgess
- Meryl Davis 27 Olympic Gold Ice Dance Champ and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Amy Purdy 34 Paralympic snowoarder and Derek Hough
Last month DWTS replaced former cohost Brooke Burke-Charvet with ballroom alum Erin Andrews in a surprise move that stunned Charvet and shocked “Dancing with the Stars” fans.
Season 18 of "Dancing with the Stars" will hit the ballroom floor on Monday, March 18 at 8 p.m. on ABC.
©Deirdre Haggerty, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA Examiner.com. For more Reality Television content similar to above, click the subscribe button above to receive instant free updates or follow Deirdre on Twitter and like her Facebook page.