Looking for a simple, nutritious one-pot meal for dinner? This is a delicious, all-inclusive, throw it in the oven and forget about it meal. It is hearty, too. The addition of the blend of dried spice mixes adds perfect seasoning and flavor to this roast. The gravy is luscious atop everything on the plate.
Dutch Oven Pot Roast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 pounds (about 9 or 10) medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk water, garlic powder, black pepper, gravy mix, dressing mix and soup mix until blended. Add to dutch oven. Bring to boil.
- Place in 325° oven and bake, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots and bake an additional 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Skim fat, if necessary, before serving.