In case anyone hasn't noticed, E3 is kind of a massive deal in the world of gaming right now, what with all of the major companies revealing their plans for the near future. That counts Wizards of the Coast as well, and with Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015 not far off, the E3 trailer reveals more about the game than ever before.
- That soundtrack is pretty cool - driving melodic metal sets the right mood. No word as to whether the game will have background music like that, though.
- Garruk is indeed a very big deal here, and his curse of corruption looks to make him a Multiversal-level threat. Is the story taking the turn that he's indiscriminately killing planeswalkers on his way to revenge against Liliana?
- The AI has apparently been a definite big development concern for the people who worked on this game. It'll be good to play against a really smart computer opponent.
- Liliana is seen putting on her Chain Veil! This probably indicates the Veil itself might be a factor in Magic 2015.
- That gory-discretion-shot takedown of the masked planeswalker at the end is pretty brutal.
- There are definitely new cards shown here - including a 1/1 deathtouch creature for a black mana - but most of them are very hard to make out.