DSTILL is a weeklong (March 10-16, 2014) experience of American small-batch distilling, featuring spirit tastings, craft cocktail events, and workshops highlighting top artisan distillers from across the country.
DSTILL opens the week with a series of panels, workshops, and tours with distillers, bartenders and industry experts. These programs provide an informative look at the craft of distilling and a unique opportunity to get up-close and personal with the pioneers and innovators of the American craft spirit industry, including distillers, bartenders, journalists, and other supporting cast.
These educational programs lead-up to The Showcase, the signature tasting event of DSTILL on Thursday, March 13.
DSTILL PANEL: The Distiller, The Bartender & Your Cocktail
When: Tuesday, March 11, 5:30-8:00pm (panel begins at 6:00pm) Wynkoop Brewing Company – The Mercantile Room 1634 18th Street | Denver
Tickets: $30 (Includes a selection of classic cocktails & light bites)
This moderated (and spirited) panel discussion featuring distillers, bartenders and 5280 Magazine is paired with classic cocktails from the Colorado Bartenders Guild, and explores the relationship of the distiller and the bartender—a relationship that is akin to that of the farmer and chef, who share a passion for their craft and a respect for ingredients and process. Working in concert, the distiller and the bartender elevate your cocktail experience from the everyday to the extraordinary. Join us for an evening of conversation and classic cocktails with a panel of Colorado distillers and bartenders. Featured spirits from the 5280 Magazine Colorado Liquor Cabinet; moderated by Geoff Van Dyke, Editorial Director of 5280 Magazine.
Panelists include Panelists:
- Chad Michael George - President, Colorado Bartenders Guild
- Ken Kodys - Beverage Manager, Breckenridge - Wynkoop
- Todd Leopold - co-founder/distiller, Leopold Bros.
- Lance Hanson - Founder/Grower/Distiller, Peak Spirits Farm Distillery
DSTILL WORKSHOPS: Rum, Whiskey or Gin
When: Wednesday, March 12, 7:00-9:00pm
Tickets: $60 - $65. Seating Limited. Visit: http://www.dstill.co/events/
Explore the process of craft spirit production with leading American producers of gin, rum and whiskey. All workshops include spirit tastings, cocktail sampling and Chef/Distiller pairings.
The RUM Workshop
- Maggie Campbell, Head Distiller, Privateer Rum, Ipswitch, MA
- Karen Hoskin, President/Owner, Montanya Distillers, Crested Butte, CO
- Renee Newton, Full-time Distiller, Montanya Distillers, Crested Butte, CO
- Derek Kermode, Lead Distiller, Ballast Point, San Diego, CA
- Kristian/Kimberly Naslund, Owners, Dancing Pines Distillery, Loveland, CO
The WHISKEY Workshop
- Rory Donovan, Peach Street Distillers, Palisade, CO
- Gable Erenzo, Tuthilltown Spirits, Gardiner, NY
- Jake Norris, Gargoyle Distilling, Denver, CO
- Andrew Weber, Corsair Distillery, Nashville, TN.
The GIN Workshop
Session Kitchen | 1518 South Pearl Street | Denver 7:00-9:00pm $65 Tickets available at Session Kitchen 720-763-3387
- Brian Ellison, Death’s Door Spirits, Middleton, WI
- Rob Masters, Spring 44 Distilling, Loveland, CO
DSTILL TOUR: Boulder Distillery Tour
Monday, March 10, 3:00-6:00pm
Roundhouse Spirits, 303 Boulder Distillery and J&L Distilling | Boulder, CO
Reservations encouraged as space is limited. Call 720-400-1907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Boulder distillery tour begins at Roundhouse Spirits at 3:00 p.m. Spirit tastings, complimentary. Cocktails from the tasting rooms not included.
Tour three Boulder distilleries and get a taste of Colorado craft distilling with visits to Roundhouse Spirits, 303 Boulder Distillery and J&L Distilling. Each stop will feature a 20-minute tour followed by tastings.
DSTILL TOUR: A Progressive Craft Cocktail Tour – Hosted & Led by Angelshare
Tuesday, March 11, 8:30pm – 11:30pm
Tour A Start: Lola | Denver, CO
Tour B Start: Jax | Denver, CO
No reservation required; just show up at desired starting location. Select cocktails from participating distillers and the Angelshare program are $5 each.
This progressive cocktail tour follows up the DSTILL Panel @ Wynkoop Brewing Co. Six Colorado distillers lead a curated tour of classically crafted cocktails. Angelshare is a genuine illustration of the culture behind the spirits-cocktail renaissance and the distiller-bartender relationship across the industry. Depart together from the panel or meet at the first stop to begin the tour.
- 8:45 Feisty Spirits at Lola
- 9:45 Deerhammer Distilling Company at Coohills
- 11:00 Breckenridge Distillery at Freshcraft
- 8:45 J&L Distilling Company at Jax
- 9:45 Dancing Pines Distillery at Curtis Club
- 11:00 Downslope Distilling at Star Bar
Tickets to the DSTILL panels and workshops are available at dstill.co/events/. Tickets to the DSTILL Showcase are available now at dstill.co Tickets are $50 online ($60 at the door) and include entry, spirit tastings from local and national distillers, specialty cocktails from the Colorado Bartenders Guild, and light-bites from local restaurants.