Drybar, the company that put blowouts on the beauty map,today (Jan. 4) announced the launch of its first-ever product line, which will be sold exclusively at Sephora, QVC and Drybar locations nationwide starting March 2013, and at http://shop.thedrybar.com beginning today.
Founder Alli Webb, a longtime professional stylist, spent several years developing a complete line of styling products and tools to help Drybar stylists across the country achieve the perfect blowout. "After trying nearly every existing product line," says Webb, "I just couldn't find what we were looking for to meet our very specific styling needs. So I partnered with some of the best labs in the world to create exactly what we needed at Drybar."
In keeping with the bar theme, each product has been aptly named, from the "Hot Toddy" Heat Protector & Frizz Fighter to the "Half Pint" Round Brushes to the "3-Day Bender" Curling Iron. Each product has been painstakingly tested and tweaked with the assistance of more than 1,000 Drybar stylists and developed in collaboration with Drybar investor and board member, Janet Gurwitch, who is also the founder and former CEO of Laura Mercier Cosmetics. "Alli's vision and passion has been impressive to watch," says Gurwitch, "She has identified a real niche in the market and the performance of these products is truly like nothing I've ever experienced in hair styling."
The initial launch consists of nine styling products:
- Happy Hour Shampoo - Blowout Shampoo ($23)
- Happy Hour Conditioner - Weightless Conditioner ($23)
- Hot Toddy - Heat Protector & Frizz Fighter ($33)
- Southern Belle - Volumizing Mousse ($25)
- Cream Soda - Smoothing Cream ($27)
- The Chaser - Shine Pomade ($28)
- 100 Proof - Smoothing Oil ($35)
- Money Maker - Flexible Hold Hairspray ($25)
- Detox - Dry Shampoo ($20)
And seven styling tools:
- Buttercup - Blow Dryer ($190)
- The 3-Day Bender – Curling Iron with rotating barrel ($125)
- Smooth Operator – Flatiron ($125)
- Lemon Drop – Wet Brush ($15)
- Full and Half Pint – Round Brushes ($40/$35)
- Hold Me – Hair Clips ($16)
- The Morning After – Shower Cap ($16)
Drybar riased the bar on hair salon services for customers on the run by zeroing in on the simple concepts of no cut, no color, just blowouts. The idea was a natural for founder Alli Webb, a long-time professional stylist, after a lifetime of frustration overpaying for blowouts at traditional salons.
There are currently 25 Drybar locations throughout the country (one right in Sunset Plaza in West Hollywood, next door to celebrity paint shop Blushington) which are favored by many celebrities, including Cindy Crawford, Emma Roberts, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Zooey Deschanel, Rose McGowan, Jessica Lowndes, Eliza Dushku, Whitney Port, Maria Shriver, Nicky Hilton and many more.
Appointments can be booked online at www.thedrybar.com.