Dry Skin Fixes
You wake up in the morning and as part of your daily routine, you apply moisturizer. It’s cold outside. The temperature has dropped to 20° and the wind is blowing. Welcome to winter. It’s less than an hour later and your skin is feeling dry and tight. Then you notice flakiness in areas and fine lines on your cheeks and around your eyes are becoming more noticeable.
What do you do?
It’s really important to treat your skin in winter weather or to use gentle hydrating products on your skin. The last thing you want is to look and feel greasy. You want soft skin and your makeup to look fresh all day.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Dry skin should never use gels or foaming cleansers that may make the skin feel more tight and dry.
- Remove your makeup with gentle cleansing oil. Cleansing oils are great to remove makeup leaving your skin soft and hydrated.
- Try an alcohol free toner. Toners are great to not only remove traces of cleanser, but to help to maintain your PH balance.
- Use a serum that hydrates. Serums are great partners to moisturizers. They can add additional benefits including hydration and anti-aging.
- Use a moisturizer that hydrates. Your moisturizer does not need to be greasy, it simply needs to soften, smooth and protect your skin.
- Use an eye cream to soften fine lines around the eyes.
- Don’t forget your neck. Neck creams are great for the neck and décolleté area.