On Halloween all we see around are pumpkins and they come in different sizes. Now we can have some of those pumpkins in our cooking pans to make a special dish to enjoy.
We can use carne de sol to cook together with the pumpkin that we used for the Halloween festivities.
It's a different kind of dish which tastes very good and fills you up. This kind of meat is hard to find, sometimes but you will find it in most of Portuguese, Brazilian or Spanish supermarkets. Hopefully you have one close to you.
Here's the recipe for you:
2 pounds of peeled pumpkin
2 pounds of 'carne de sol' (salted meat)
1 green pepper
2 tablespoons of oil
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 cup of water
- Cut the meat in small strips or small cubes
- Make sure you soak the meat in just water for about 12 hours before you use it. As you know it's a very salted meat and you'll need to get the salt out of it before using it.
- Chop your vegetables together and add all the seasonings in a good size cooking pan
- Cook it for about twenty minutes or more (until your pumpkin gets really soft)
- While it's cooking add more water if it gets too dry.
. Don't forget to soak the meat in water before you use it.
. You can serve it over rice or just by itself.
If you have a yard in your home you can save the pumpkin seeds to plant them next year and save some cash.
Now you have a different but delicious dish to enjoy and share with your family and friends.
IF YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND GO TO MY HOME PAGE TO SUBSCRIBE AND RECEIVE FREE INFORMATION OF MY FUTURE NEW ARTICLES.