Prom season 2014 is right around the corner. Drive Smart Georgia wants to help make it a safe one for local North Atlanta high school students. That’s why it's heading out to Milton High School, Northview High School, Alpharetta High School and Chattahoochee High School to sponsor events that encourage teen drivers to make safe driving decisions during the dangerous prom season. This year, Drive Smart Georgia has partnered with North Fulton Hospital to make the events even more memorable and meaningful for teens. Stations will be set up to address dangerous driving behaviors and situations. Students will be encouraged to take pledges to avoid alcohol, drugs and distracted driving habits.
Local businesses are supporting the events in a huge way. When students take the pledge, they will be entered in to a raffle for prizes. Chick-fil-A, Cheeseburger Bobby’s, Chili’s, Auto Bell and many other businesses have all made contributions to encourage students to take the AAA PROMise safe driving pledge.
The 411 on Teen Safe Driving Events for prom season:
- Teen driver safety stations geared towards prom season
- Dangers of drinking and driving
- Dangers of texting and driving
- Driving simulator to practice “driving” under adverse conditions
- “Drunk goggles” to show how alcohol affects reactions behind the wheel
- Students will be encouraged to sign safe driving pledges
- Safe driving handouts
- Giveaways to encourage students to sign pledges
Teen Driver Safety Events for prom season will take place at the following locations and dates:
- Tuesday, March 25: Milton High School
- Thursday, March 27: Northview High School
- Tuesday, April 22: Alpharetta High School
- Wednesday, April 23: Chattahoochee High School
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, click on SUBSCRIBE. Do you have a story idea? I'd love to hear from you! E-mail your ideas to me at email@example.com.