Now that it’s summer many of us will be driving more enjoying road trips and the outdoors. Here are some simple things you can do to save money and have a positive impact on our environment at the same time.
- Bundle your trips together to save gasoline and save your time too.
- Park your car and ride a bike.
- Clean your truck, removing what you don’t need removes weight that uses more fuel to drive around.
- Removing your ski rack will reduce your drag and improve your fuel economy.
- Turn your car off when sitting in traffic or drive thru windows.
- On windy days, use the tailwinds to your advantage and avoid driving into the headwinds.
- Take advantage of off peak hours, starting and stopping uses more fuel.
- Watch your tire pressure, properly inflated tires improve your saves gasoline.
- Driving when it’s warm out saves gasoline.
- Slow down and drive the posted speed.
- Learn to use your cruise control properly.
- Today’s cars do not need to warm - idling wastes fuel.
- Park in the shade; use your air conditioner wisely and with the windows up.
- Anticipate driving conditions by know what’s happening up ahead you will break less.
- Carpool when possible and take advantage of the carpool lanes, you will maintain a steady speed which saves fuel use.
- Keep your engine tuned up and change your filters often.
- Gently release the gas pedal and gently press on the gas pedal, slow and smooth saves fuel.
Coasting saves gasoline, gently release the gas pedal just before you crest a hill.