With summer coming, there are plenty of opportunities to serve fresh fruit salad. Since most people like fruit, fruit salad can be a safe bet to serve at graduation parties, picnics and reunions. Fruit salads can be enjoyed as is, without a dressing. However, sometimes you may want to jazz it up a bit. Here are several fruit salad dressing recipes. Enjoy!
Creamy ginger dressing
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 pint heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Add ginger to cream; whip until stiff.
- Fold in dates and nuts.
- Ladle over fresh fruit salad and serve.
Mint and lime dressing
⅓ cup water
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup packed fresh mint leaves
Zest of 1 lime
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Make sure all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add mint leaves and lime zest.
- Let steep for 15 minutes and strain out leaves and zest.
Honey Yogurt Dressing
1/2 pint plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix well, pour over fresh fruit salad.
Spicy fruit salad dressing
1/3 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons lime juice
3tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (optional)
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl, mix well.