In a perfect world, we could achieve our dream bodies without having to memorize endless calorie count books and exercise for hours. It may not be a perfect world - but Dr. Mehmet Oz unveiled a collection of holistic, natural weight loss tips that really work on his Feb. 8 show. From aromatherapy to tempting teas, try these healthy tips to shed pounds effortlessly:
- Enjoy barley for breakfast occasionally. One serving has five grams of fiber to keep your appetite suppressed. Get hulled, not pearled, barley, such as Great River Organic Milling, Organic Whole Grains Hulled Barley.
- There's a prize in that pickle jar: Vinegar! The acetic acid in vinegar keeps your insulin levels steady. Dr. Oz suggests eating one to two servings of pickled veggies before meals, such as Granite Bay Farms Pickled Vegetables.
- Fiber up. By consuming three grams of soluble psyllium fiber 30 minutes with an eight-ounce glass of water before every meal, you can register when you are full. (Tip: Try a flavored variety, such as Metamucil Psyllium Fiber Smooth Texture Sugar Free Orange Powder.)
- Another breakfast tip: Eat healthy carbohydrates. Dr. Oz says studies indicate that by eating your carbs before noon, you have more time to burn them off and stay satisfied longer. Just make sure that you choose whole grains, such as Mestemacher Three Grain Bread.
- It's tea time! Caffeine-free, naturally sweet rooibos tea can make a tasty swap for your favorite sugary drink, such as Choice Organic Rooibos, Red Bush Tea. Studies show that tea is high in heart-healthy antioxidants.
- Unleash the magic of aromatherapy to reduce cravings for something sweet. Scientists have revealed that when you smell vanilla, your longings for candy or other sweet treats are significantly reduced. Try vanilla-scented lotion such as Camille Beckman French Vanlla Silky Body Cream or add fragrance to your home by lighting a French vanilla candle.