Do you feel anxious, stressed, overworked and overwhelmed? If you answered "yes" to just one of those emotions, Dr. Mehmet Oz has the holistic solution for you: A 24-hour stress cleanse that will help you transform your mind, body and spirit from "aieee" to "ahhhh!" In addition, he unveiled a glucose-balancing diet to help you reduce stress on your body, which can be created by glucose spikes after meals. Ready to detox and de-stress? Here's your guide, as unveiled on Dr. Oz's Feb. 25 show:
- Your 24-hour count-down to bliss begins at night with a relaxing shower using the magic of aromatherapy. Fill a mug with rosemary oil and lime. Place near your head and breathe in the relaxing aroma. Get Plant Therapy Rosemary Essential Oil now by clicking here.
- Listen to music, in particular classical, which has been shown to produce calming effects. Think you're not a classical music buff? Listen to a song often referred to as the "wedding song," which actually is Pachelbel Canon in D, now by clicking here.
- Learn to breathe right and watch your posture. Get help with both of these stress-relieving steps and relieve pain by clicking here to learn about an anxiety-relieving, pain-reducing plan recently featured on the Dr. Oz show called the Melt method.
- Eat foods designed to balance your glucose, which will ease stress on your body by avoiding glucose spikes. For 24 hours, try the glucose-balancing food plan below.
Glucose-Balancing Food Plan
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with cinnamon, almonds and hemp milk (My tip: Avoid processed, sugary instant oatmeal and treat yourself to the fabulous flavor of unprocessed oatmeal by getting Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain, Rolled Oats.)
- Lunch: Sweet potato burger and avocado
- Dinner: Wild salmon, quinoa, spinach and carrot salad (My tip: Not familiar with quinoa? It's a superfood with more protein and fiber than typical grains. I recommend Eden Organic Red Quinoa for its quality and flavor.)
- Snack: Frozen banana bites with peanut butter and honey or mozzarella and tomatoes (My tip: Be cautious of peanut butter and choose a non-GMO brand, or use almond butter as an alternative. My recommended brand: Crunchy, organic Onceagain Almond Butter (click here to get it now).