So-called "detox drinks" and detox diets have become increasingly popular - but many of them are expensive and, in some cases, even ineffective. Bypass those fad diets for Dr. Mehmet's Oz's new approved 30-day detox diet, which he refers to as the Clean Program. Dr. Oz unveiled this new detox diet on his Jan. 28 show with Dr. Alejandro Junger, author of "Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself." Get "Clean -- Expanded Edition: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself" now by clicking here.
Dr. Junger's Clean Detox plan is designed to help you lose 10 pounds in one month - but you'll do more than lose weight: You'll enhance your overall health and learn how to enjoy a healthier relationship with food. Eat slowly and be mindful of each bite. Here's how it works:
- Breakfast: Enjoy a detox shake. Use unsweetened almond, rice or coconut milk and, if desired, flavor it with organic berries or a dash of stevia.
- Lunch: Dr. Oz's site contains a range of healthy approved meals. Your focus: Eat dark greens, high quality protein and healthy fats.
- Dinner: Eat a lighter version of lunch, such as an entree-sized salad.
- Key foods to enjoy: Veggies, non-gluten grains, brown rice, beans, green tea, apple cider vinegar, wild fish, organic poultry, nuts, seeds, whole fruits, berries, plant-based protein powder and coconut oil.
- Schedule your first and last meal so that you have 12 hours between your dinner and your breakfast. Have daily bowel movements: If you have problems, try Natural Calm, which helps with digestion and with stress.