If you're constantly fatigued, have gained weight and always feel cold, you may have what Dr. Mehmet Oz calls a "sluggish" thyroid. He explained how to boost your thyroid with dietary changes on the Feb. 24 episode of the Dr. Oz Show. Plus: Find out about safe and effective holistic fat-burners to boost your weight loss, including weight loss supplements to complement detox diets.
Among the most common symptoms of a sluggish thyroid: Sensitivity to cold, weight gain, exhaustion and constipation. Only a doctor can perform the blood test to check if you need prescription medication. But Dr. Oz says that foods high in zinc, selenium and iodine can help your thyroid perform more effectively.
- Dulse Flakes: Sprinkle on salad or popcorn to benefit from these iodine-rich pieces of seaweed.
- Miso Soup: A good source of zinc, one cup a day can satisfy your hunger and benefit your thyroid.
- Vitamin A: Enjoy foods such as sweet potatoes.
- Brazil Nuts: High in selenium, two delicious Brazil nuts a day can do the trick.
On the same episode, Dr. Oz featured the 10-day detox diet, based on the book by Dr. Mark Hyman: "The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body's Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast" (click for details).
You can use the holistic, natural fat-burning and weight loss supplements from that detox diet to boost your metabolism and suppress your appetite safely and effectively, says Dr. Oz. He also suggests a probiotic to melt belly fat even faster, which also benefits your holistic health.
Dr. Oz recommends:
- Chromium to keep your blood sugar under control.
- Konjac root powder labeleld PGX before each meal, which fills you up with fiber.
- Melt belly fat and block your body from producing more fat with probiotics. In particular, Dr. Oz recommends Lactobacillus Gasseri. It also boosts your metabolism while lowering inflammation.
Get the details on the 10-day detox diet, including the complete breakfast recipe, by clicking here.